The Center for Defense Information was founded in 1972 by retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Gene La Rocque. The CDI is dedicated to:
- strengthening national and international security through international cooperation;
- reducing reliance on unilateral military power to resolve conflict;
- reducing reliance on nuclear weapons;
- transforming and reforming the U.S. military establishment; and
- prudent oversight of defense programs.
Currently operating under the aegis of the World Security Institute, it is composed of academics and high-ranking retired U.S. military officers who conduct critical analyses of U.S. defense and security policy.
More information on the Wikipedia page .
The website is